What is Elder Law?
An elder law attorney is typically prepared to handle a wide variety of legal issues affecting an older or disabled person. These issues may include challenges related to health care, long-term care planning, planning for incapacity (dementia/Alzheimer’s), guardianship, Social Security, Medicaid/Medicare, and other matters. As an elder law attorney, Ryan L. Pry can help with a variety of matters such as:
- Estate Planning (wills/trusts), including special needs, planning, etc.
- Advance Medical Directive/Healthcare Power of Attorney
- Durable Power of Attorney
- Asset Protection Planning, including looking at long-term care options and potential funding sources, and planning tools for making the most of your financial assets when dealing with long-term care and assisted living
- Explaining nursing home costs and the Medicaid application process
Experienced Elder Law Attorney
Ryan L. Pry has been helping older and disabled clients since 2007. As a member of both the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA) and the Virginia Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (VAELA), he has access to state-of-the art planning tools and a network of planning professionals dedicated to helping older and disabled individuals. If you have any concerns regarding the rights, care, and protection of an elderly loved one, please contact us today. We proudly serve families throughout the New River Valley and Southwest Virginia.